This article is for US Merchants
- The first thing you’re going to need is a French VAT. This is how the French government collects taxes from foreign companies. Apply for one in order to legally sell across Europe with no hassle. The process to get approved can sometimes take up to three months. So better to start early. We have a partner, called Pivot (or Muloot), that can apply for the VAT and sort through the nightmarish paperwork on your behalf.
- Set up a merchant account on the European platform through this link. Contact Arthur Veron, Business Development Lead in France, to get this going. His email is email@example.com.
- Prepare the stock you want to send to Cubyn’s warehouse. Label each product with a unique SKU.
- Ship the products in bulk to Cubyn’s warehouse (with insurance), and we’ll store them for you.
- Any orders you receive on Back Market are updated on Cubyn’s internal inventory management system through API calls. If you use a particular channel manager (e.g., Channel Advisor, SellerCloud) to keep track of stock in the US, that channel manager will need to be integrated with Back Market’s European platform for you to access all information related to orders fulfilled by Cubyn (including shipping price, tracking number, etc.) directly through the channel manager’s interface.
- Once your products are packed, Cubyn ships them to the customer (with transport insurance).
Interested in expanding your business to Europe?
Contact your US Account Manager to find out more, or if you’re ready to kick things off!