👀 The situation : Customer realized the product he/she has received is not what was expected (but no technical issues with it).
👌 How to act : The customer is disappointed so we expect our Merchants to identify proactively a fair solution (commercial gesture, exchange, refund) and to ensure it is implemented quickly .
In this article we will detail:
✅ = what is expected from you as Back Market seller (could be in the charter, or contract).
🏆= what we suggest to do to improve customer satisfaction.
For each issue a delay restriction will apply (see table above). In this case
- ✅ You should explain to the customer the delay applicable and why you cannot provide a solution.
- 🏆 You can decide to propose a solution anyway as a gesture of good will .
Proof of the issue can be asked but are not mandatory
- ✅ Only pictures can be requested (no video).
- 🏆 You can trust the customer (no proof asked), especially for issues other than grade.
Several solutions are listed for each case (see table above).
- ✅ You should propose at least the mandatory solution (the first one in the list).
- ✅ You cannot refuse to provide either a refund or an exchange to the customer if he/she requests it.
- ✅ For commercial gesture, you should propose at least the amount specified in the charter when applicable (available below).
- ✅ If you propose a commercial gesture when the option is not listed (e.g. wrong storage capacity for a phone) you should propose a fair amount (difference in price between the product received and the one ordered).
- 🏆 You can propose all the solutions to give options to the customer to choose from
- 🏆 To be customer oriented, do not hesitate to precise when the solution is requiring that the product is returned (and what it implies for the customer: account deactivation etc..).