The Covid-19 has raised many questions about the management of after-sales and returns. We will publish here some answers to these questions and will update this article in order to stay as close as possible to the reality of the moment.
Algorithme & Pénalités
- Will we be impacted by the cancellation rate as well as the calculation error associated with customer cancellations?
The error associated with the calculation of the cancellation rate was immediately identified. The rate is currently not taken into account in the penalty calculation, which means that your overall penalty is currently reduced.
- We have more and more customer who are worried about their parcel delivery. Will we be impacted by the customer contact?
For the time being, we are not seeing any overall increase in the delivery rate. We will monitor it closely and adjust the penalty in case of an overall increase. In addition, we have set up a proactive e-mailing system when the delivery date has expired and the customer has not yet received his package. This should help reduce your contact rate. Do not hesitate to adapt your delivery time given the current situation.
- Can we receive the Dashboard more regularly in order to follow the evolution of the rates?
The dashboards are sent every day as usual. If you encounter a problem receiving them, your QAM can always send them upon request.
- What is the procedure for the customer returns ?
You may decide to schedule package returns only at the end of the containment period. You must then notify customers in this regard and continue to provide a response to customers within 24 hours. In case of inability to handle after-sales service, we invite you to contact your QAM in order to evaluate the possibility of setting up Back Care.
- What are the customer requests deadlines ?
In accordance with our quality charter and to guarantee a good customer experience, you must respect the 5-day deadline to provide a solution to the customer. As a reminder, you can offer the customer 3 solutions: a refund, an exchange or a repair. If the repair was a solution too difficult to implement within 5 days given the current context, you can always refund or exchange the product.
- Will you automatically reimburse delivery fees in case of delivery delay?
For the moment, automatic refunds of delivery charges in case of late shipping/delivery will not be made. However, we ask you, as long as your shop remains open, to ensure that your order is dispatched within a reasonable period of time. The situation being exceptional, only the complaints having a delay really penalizing for the customer will be able to be the subject of a refunding of the expenses of delivery.
- If a customer wants a refund but still has the product he can not return, or product being blocked at a relay point, what to do?
Our position remains the same: there will be no refund until the package has been received by you or by Back Market.
- Changes were to be implemented from 23 March, in particular concerning the processing times for after-sales service (5 to 3 days). Will these changes be maintained?
All the elements of the charter are applied starting on March the 23rd except for the processing time for after-sales service, which is not shortened from 5 to 3 days. We are aware of the complexity of this change in the current situation and will keep you informed of the next effective date.
- What are the conditions of withdrawal ?
If the customer exercises his or her right of withdrawal within the time limit, you may decide not to schedule the shipment of the package until 14 days after the end of the official containment period.
If you have any questions about transport, please refer to our article « How to manage orders & logistics on Back Market during Covid crisis? »