It often happens that products are returned with their iCloud / Android / Google or another account on them, something which can cause difficulties in the returns process. To avoid this problem, please follow these simple rules:
Before returning an item to a client, explain how to disable the account correctly. Be very specific so the customer understands how to act. If necessary, ask for screenshots of the deleted account.
If you receive the product with an iCloud account, then please contact the customer immediately by putting a message in the After-Sales Service area. Explain to the customer how to disable his iCloud account remotely and keep in touch in order to find a rapid solution.
Do not hesitate to update your media in all the relevant languages in order to forward as much help as possible to the customer. The most effective is to provide a support page (eg PDF) that explains precisely the correct procedure to follow.
If no solution is found, then please contact the Champion in charge of the country concerned who will be able to make direct contact with the customer for more explanation.
When you find that the iCloud account is still on the device, please provide an image of it, proving that the account is still enabled. Be careful, however. There may be a big difference between "delete" and "disable".
In order to facilitate any required intervention, remember to give us the IMEI number of the device concerned, which will allow us to check more easily if the iCloud account has been disabled or not.
How to successfully remove a device from its iCloud account
In order to facilitate the return process, you will need to explain to the customer how to remove their Apple device from their iCloud account.
Take into account that two main steps are required, the location of the device and its removal from the iCloud account. Be careful, you must "remove" the device and not erase it completely.
Steps for the customer to follow:
- Connect to icloud.com and then proceed to "locate my iPhone".
- Click on the list in the middle to see all of your devices. Click on the small black cross on the right of the device concerned.
- You have removed the location. You must now remove the device from your iCloud account.
- To do this, click on "Remove from account". Your device is no longer connected to your iCloud account.
- Check in the settings that the device no longer appears. Remember to request screenshots from the client, to make sure that the client has actually disconnected the device.