The Back office now allows you to fill the EMI number (phones)I / serial number (other products) of any device you ship.
Why do you need to do this?
Collecting the IMEI/Serial No. information will save you time, money and allow us to better support you through and resolve customer complains, by:
- Save you time and stop the 2% of our monthly contacts to you requesting IMEI/Serial Number data
- Knowing the IMEI/Serial Number of the device you shipped will help our team to better resolve claims and protect you from fraud if a customer returns a device different from what was shipped.
- For returns, having the IMEI will help us to ensure that the customer has deleted their iCloud account before shipping back the device back to you.
- Logging the IMEIs / Serial Numbers will also help us to continue to improve our catalog and product matching capabilities.
How can you fill the IMEI (smartphones) / serial (other products) number ?
- Back Office connexion – order per order
After receiving a new order, when you click on "send" the order, in addition to the
tracking number of your package, you can also complete the IMEI number or the
serial number of the product purchased by the customer.
- API connexion
A new IMEI field and a new serial number field are available in the Back Market API.
All the information related to this field is communicated via doc.backmarket.fr under the sections API Generics -> Update orderlines.
This field will be filled in in the same way as "tracking_url" or "shipper". The API documentation is available here.
- Back Office connexion - CSV import (coming soon)
You will also be able to import IMEI numbers in bulk via CSV from your Back Office.
You just have to go to the command -> Import my tracking/ IMEI section.